Remembering Passwords [LastPass]
SUPERHUMAN SCORE: 8.25
73% percent of people forget and reset a password at least once or twice a month.
Consider just how time-consuming (and enraging) unsuccessful login attempts can be.
Conversely, you might know how badass it feels to access something with a couple of keystrokes.
I used to have a tough time remembering passwords (while also ensuring password diversity and security). Then I discovered LastPass.
LastPass (Chrome, iOS, Android) is an award-winning browser plugin that encrypts your passwords online and allows seamless autofill. You can also improve your security by using stronger passwords (that you don’t have to remember).
Premium ($3 per month) vs. Free: The key feature of Premium is unlimited devices. This means syncing across your phone, browser, tablet, etc. The free version is limited to one device.
In every edition of All Systems Go, I assess the featured product across four superhuman dimensions: impact, setup, maintenance, and aesthetics.
Unlike your typical product review, I focus on factors that influence personal growth. Get to know the evaluation system.
So, why is LastPass better than Chrome’s Google Password Manager? LastPass syncs across multiple browsers (not just Chrome) and devices (including mobile).
All to say, I can get started faster with the activities that matter—and you can, too.
Here are the high-level steps:
- Sign up for an account.
- Download the browser extension.
- Download the mobile app (premium feature to sync unlimited devices).
- Set a master password for your “vault” or download the mobile authenticator app for a password-less “vault.”
- Input passwords into the vault.
- Enjoy seamless autofill.
LastPass stores all of your usernames and passwords in one place called a “vault.”
Once you store a password in your vault, the service will always remember it for you.
Inputting all your passwords into the vault takes some time, but the ROI of this one-time investment—in password security and login speed—is worth it.
Once you’re set up, maintenance is little to none.
LastPass has earned standout reviews in Chrome’s Web Store and Apple’s App Store. This reflects my experience: the app is intuitive and minimalist.
BRINGING IT HOME
The overlap of the most productive and happiest people of the future will share something in common: organized digital lives.
Password management is a running leap toward that end.
All systems go,
P.S. If you’re enjoying the free newsletter, it’d mean the world to me if you share it with others. System Sunday just launched, and every single referral helps. Thank you!
- Share System Sunday on Twitter , LinkedIn, Facebook, or via email .
- Or, share by copying and pasting the link: https://systemsunday.com/all-systems-go
- Newsletter Archive: Read past issues of All Systems Go
- Energy Dashboard: Get an under-the-hood look at my self-tracking metrics for energy management (updated weekly)
- [Quick Win] Phone Charger Challenge: Save 60 hours every year with this simple morning hack