Managing Email Subscriptions [Unroll.Me]
Managing Email Subscriptions
SUPERHUMAN SCORE: 8.2
Any gardener will tell you that trimming a weed is not enough.
To ensure the weed doesn’t return, you’d need to (literally) address the root cause.
Unroll.Me is the best way to address the proverbial weeds of your inbox: email subscriptions. Rather than simply deleting unwanted emails, Unroll.Me makes it effortless to unsubscribe (in bulk).
The free tool integrates with every major email provider: Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!, iCloud, AOL.
In every edition of All Systems Go, I assess the featured product across four superhuman dimensions: impact, setup, maintenance, and aesthetics.
Unlike your typical product review, I focus on factors that influence personal growth. Get to know the evaluation system.
I mentioned the ease of bulk unsubscribing from unwanted emails.
Here’s another excellent feature: the ability to “roll-up” subscriptions into a single email.
This feature is great for consolidating those emails you don’t necessarily want to unsubscribe from (e.g., exclusive store promotions) but also don’t want to see scattered throughout your inbox.
The most successful and happiest people of the future will share something in common: organized digital lives.
Unroll.Me will help you do just that.
Setup is easy.
- Sign in to Unroll.Me with your preferred email provider
- Authorize access to Unroll.Me
- For each email in your inbox, decide whether to “keep, unsubscribe, or roll-up.”
I typically clean up my subscriptions once per week (following Step 3 above).
Again, rather than simply reacting to an unwanted email by deleting it, the idea is to prevent that email from ever occurring again.
Unroll.Me has strong reviews (4.6 with 43.6k) in Apple’s App Store. The desktop and mobile experiences are intuitive and minimalist—the opposite of a cluttered inbox.
BRINGING IT HOME
I realize this recommendation is ironic coming from someone who writes a newsletter. Your attention is your most valuable resource, which is why I’m obsessively aware of my need to provide value in everything I share.
(Learn about my editorial promises here.)
And if you don’t like this newsletter, you better unsubscribe (with Unroll.Me) from my sorry ass!
At least, in either case, you’ll have learned something from me.
All systems go,
P.S. If you’re enjoying the free newsletter, it’d mean the world to me if you share it with others. System Sunday just launched, and every single referral helps. Thank you!
- Share System Sunday on Twitter , LinkedIn, Facebook, or via email .
- Or, share by copying and pasting the link: https://systemsunday.com/all-systems-go
- Newsletter Archive: Read past issues of All Systems Go
- Energy Dashboard: Get an under-the-hood look at my self-tracking metrics for energy management (updated weekly)
- [Quick Win] Phone Charger Challenge: Save 60 hours every year with this simple morning hack